Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday 56 My Second Time.....The Year of Fog.



Freda's Voice says this is Week 151, but it only my 2nd time participating. Join us at Freda's Voice
to share your Friday 56

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Since it is 6:40 am and my DH is still sleeping, I will grab a book close at hand. Here goes.....


" No female child of Emma's approximate height is exempt from my curiosity and my hope. I wander up and down the hills of Noe Valley, peering into the faces of children on their bikes."

I read this book several years ago and it is still in my bookcase. I have tried to encourage others to read it, but when I tell them about it they are reluctant.  It is "gripping" "compulsively readable", but it also beautifully written and ultimately a story of hope and love. 


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

2 comments:

  1. That excerpt gives me chills...I feel as though something bad is going to happen...

    What I'm reading: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/11/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_8.html

    ReplyDelete