Tuesday, November 19, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Julia's Chocolates




Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.


I left my wedding dress hanging in a tree somewhere in North Dakota. 

I don't know why that particular tree appealed to me. Perhaps it was because it looked as if it had given up and died years before and was still standing because it didn't know what else to do. It was all be itself, the branches gnarled and rough, like the top of someone's knuckles I knew. 

These are the first two paragraphs of a book I hope to start this weekend. Would you continue? Or would you have to read a bit further before deciding?

 
Julia's Chocolates
by Cathy Lamb
Kensington Books




The Cover blurb:  Life is waiting.
                            Take a bite.

 This is the November read for the group, Love of Reading on Goodreads. I had a hard time finding a copy before I finally bought it on Amazon. It was not in our library, not in our local bookstore. It wasn't even available on inter library loan from the other libraries in our area. When I first look at it on Amazon it was $5.99. When I finally decided I could not get it elsewhere, I went back to Amazon and it was $8.06. Does that mean other people were purchasing it?  I wonder?


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

12 comments:

  1. That is some intro. I would love to go on...!!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this intro! I love the narrator's voice and would keep reading to find out more about her. I'm off to see if my library has a copy.

    My Tuesday intro: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/11/first-chapter-first-paragraph-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so curious about what led to hanging the dress in the tree...and the title and cover grabbed me, too. Not to mention that I enjoy Cathy Lamb...so, yes, I'd keep reading!

    Here's
    MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this author's books so I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate and a deserted wedding dress. Sounds good. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a fantastic title and opening paragraph. I'd keep reading. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch! I hate seeing the price of a book rise when I'm between deciding and buying it. Hopefully it will be worth it though. The introduction sure makes it sound like it could be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sounds of this one! I'm going to add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the intro and this author is very fun --enjoy. Thanks for joining in Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That intro has me intrigued. I'd keep reading because I want to know why that wedding dress is up in the tree. That's funny about the cost of your book going up. Maybe there are a lot of people in your book club?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that opening! It certainly arouses interest, doesn't it? I'd have to read on a bit to decide about diving in! Glad you were able to get the book though too bad about the extra cost.
    Enjoy! :)

    http://yarnknitreadlit.blogspot.com/2013/11/victorias-daughters-tease.html

    ReplyDelete