Monday, October 14, 2013

It's Monday! What are You Reading? #4 Roses & Quakers


Sheila at Book Journey sponsors this Monday Morning Meme. Click on over to discover what other voracious readers are devouring and add your link to the long list. Get ready, your own list will grow as you find titles and authors you simply MUST add to your want list.



I am finishing Roses by Leila Meacham. I have really gotten into it and though I know what happens next,at least I think I do,  the why has me fascinated. Passion and revenge, who can resist. I also started reading the October selection for my local book club which meets tomorrow night. I will not be finished, but I have read enough that I can participate in the discussion, I think. We are reading Friends in Deed : The Story of Quaker Social Reform in America. It sounded rather dry and boring, but Susan Sachs Goldman has creatively documented the history of Quaker social action through compelling stories and insightful commentary. I am anxious to hear what the other members think of it.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Roses and need to read another one of the author's books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done wonderful reading. I have read nothing for months now!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Tumbleweeds and Roses, but haven't read either. I need to make time and read them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book club sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I was a part of one!

    ReplyDelete