Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - Four to Score






Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.




Four to Score - Janet Evanovich
St Martins Press - 1998




"Living in Trenton in July is like living inside a big pizza oven. Hot, airless, aromatic. 
Because I didn't want to miss any of the summer experience I had the sunroof open on my Honda CRX. My brown hair was pulled up into a wind-snarled, curls-gone-to-frizz ponytail. The sun baked the top of my head, and sweat trickled under my black spandex sports bra. I was wearing matching spandex shorts and a sleeveless oversized Trenton Thunders baseball jersey. It was an excellent outfit except it gave me no place to stick my .38. Which meant I was going to have to borrow a gun to shoot my cousin Vinnie. "
I just started this 4th in the series. I had been looking for this copy for awhile and all of a sudden it is on the library shelf. Might have been a donation, anyway I am glad to get my hands on it.

How about you?  Have you read this series?  Does this intro grab you?


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

8 comments:

  1. I like the intro and would keep reading. I've been wanting to start this series for a long time now, based on the recommendation of a good friend who has read them all. I even purchased the first book.

    My Tuesday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/10/first-chapter-first-paragraph-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you posted this intro. I was curious about this series and now see, at least in this opening, that is is indeed humorous. I would definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, and reading this reminds me that I need to catch up on the series. I have read a few, all out of order....and none of the recent ones. Thanks for sharing.

    Here'sMY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been ages since I last read one of these books. I can't remember where I left off, but I know it was in the teens somewhere. I've always found these books to be laugh out loud funny. Silly, but always fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That into sure did get my attention! Now I want to know why she's going to shoot her cousin! I have all but a few in this series sitting on my bookshelf, I really need to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confession time... I've never read anything by Evanovich. Not sure why as some of my friends are huge fans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I would read this one. I enjoyed the first 10 of the series - fun fun. enjoy

    ReplyDelete