Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro - Oct 22



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.


Prologue
1810
Lavinia

There was a strong smell of smoke, and new fear fueled me. Now on the familiar path, I raced ahead, unmindful of my daughter behind me, trying to keep up. My legs were numb, unused to this speed, and my lungs felt as though they were scorched. I forbade myself to think I was too late and focused all my strength on moving toward home.

Would you keep reading? I will, this is the November selection from my F2F bookclub and it was on my TBR list .


Have you read it?  What did you think? ( no spoilers, please).



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
 

9 comments:

  1. I like the opening and have noticed this one in the bookstore. Hope you and your book club enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had noticed this book awhile ago, and thought it looked intriguing. I like the opening...so I'm now wanting to know more.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about this book. The opening is interesting enough to keep me wanting to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to this book on audio and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am sure your book club will find lots to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the intro a lot and would read more - Thanks for joining us this week Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read it but I recall reading a glowing review - yes, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the introduction as well. Would continue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great opening paragraph. I can feel the adrenaline flowing. I'd keep going. I'm curious about your book club's title: f2f - hmm, what does it stand for?

    ReplyDelete