Monday, September 30, 2013

What Are You Reading #2




This is my second attempt to post to What Are You Reading? My last entry was last Monday, the 23rd . You can read it HERE.

Today I am still working on Winter of the World,
 and I just finished ....




The Journey (Northwest Passage #2)The Journey by John A. Heldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Northwest Passage that I have read. I think I may have like this on the best of all. John Heldt introduces a new character who travels back in time, but not as far as Joel Smith did in The Mine. In this book, the character Shelly Richardson goes back to the time she was a teenager, names Shelly Preston. I love how Heldt developed Michelle as a grown up Shelly and yet allowed her to be a different person and affect the lives of others. It was important to my reading of the story, that he kept me focused on who I was reading about and when by heading each chapter with the characters name and the time frame. I am anxious to read the next book, The Fire.  I have it on my kindle program on my laptop. I will get to it very soon. This read is actually #14 on the 2013 Ebook Challenge sponsored by Sarah @Workaday Reads


View all my reviews

Tomorrow I plan to begin a buddy read with Ladies & Literature group on Goodreads. We will read
in October and discuss it on Goodread Thread. Spoilers will be included. Come join us. 
It has been on my TBR list for quite awhile. It is a big book, and of course I have my October read for my F2F book club to start also. I ordered  4 copies for myself and 3 friends, but the order hasn't arrived yet. I am hoping for today. My book club will be reading
Friends in Deed: The Story of Quaker Social Reform in America by Susan Sachs Goldman. 
So as you can see, I will be busy reading. I also will work a Quilt Show this weekend. That means making sure the vendors are set up and happy, making a crock pot of chicken soup to help feed the workers and the vendors and manning the booth as needed. It is a long tiring weekend, but it is something I volunteered to do. I am fighting off a cold or allergy attack, I haven't quite figured out which yet!. I hope I start to feel better in the next day or two. I can't afford to be sick!!!!!


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy.

1 comment: