Monday, September 9, 2013

Mailbox Monday 9-9-13 This is Paradise






Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday is currently on tour, hosted by a different blog each month. For the month of September the host is Yoland at Notorious Spinks Talks

 Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Lately I have had empty mailboxes.  But last week, while we were away camping a book arrived. Hurray. 

I won this copy in a giveaway from Wendy at Caribousmom.  Thanks Wendy. It is collection of six stories by Kristiana Kahakauwila.  I am looking forward to reading this collection.

This week will be busy with my quilt guild September meeting in the park. We gather to have a lunch exchange, reminiscent of an old fashioned box social. We will exchange a lunch and the container that it comes in. Some will be homemade, some will not. Then we sit in the park, and work on our own UFO(unfinished object)  handwork. Some will work on embroidery pieces, some will sew on binding, some will come just to share and visit. We ALWAYS have a great time.

I will be unpacking the camper, catching up on the laundry and getting ready to go again on Friday. We will drive to Fort Collins CO to meet our newest great grandson who was born on Sept 5th. I can hardly wait. If it OK with his parents I will share a picture or two when we get back.

So until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



8 comments:

  1. Would love having trips in a camper. Have fun with your great grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENJOY!!! Fun that you had a book waiting when you returned.

    I don't know what I have received since I am out of town, but I did attend a Hachette Book Event and received 9 books. I will report about those books on next week's Mailbox Monday when I return.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your win! Enjoy your new grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS for stopping back to my blog.

    I am visiting my son...so it is pleasure. :) The Hachette Event was GREAT!!

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice coming home to book surprises. Enjoy your new read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to that book after reading Wendy's review too. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a new title for me but I do enjoy story collections.

    A slow mailbox can be a good thing when it lets you get caught up. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win and I hope you had a wonderful time camping.

    ReplyDelete