Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Into The Journey

                   
                                               


Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.


The Journey - Northwest Passage Series
by John A Heldt
on my Kindle, provided at no charge by the author


                           Chapter 1: Michelle      Bellevue, Washington - Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Michelle stared at the marble memorial and saw dead things.  
The dead husband went without saying. The man she had known more that half of her life was literally six feet beneath her designer flats. Or at least his body was. Where his enterprising mind was at the moment was anyone's guess. 


I have read The Mine and The Show in this series. You can read my reviews on Goodreads . View all my reviews
 I really enjoyed John's use of time travel in both these books. He makes it feel like, maybe just maybe, time travel is possible. I fell in love with the characters, Joel Smith and Grace Vandenberg and all the rest. I am looking forward to starting this next book, very soon.  This is another e-book for my Ebook challenge and it will be the "J" in my name for part of the Mega Mix Challenge on Goodreads.

So, would you read on?

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




12 comments:

  1. Hmm, interesting beginning, but I'm not into time travel. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I'd pick the book up on my own but I'd at least read a few pages more after this paragraph. I'm new to this meme. You can see my intro here. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The intro caught my attention. It's not my usual type of read, but I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The intro caught my attention. It's not my usual type of read, but I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The intro caught my attention. It's not my usual type of read, but I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds intriguing...not my usual read, but I might keep reading. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smiled as I read this one; I'd keep reading - enjoy. Thank you for joining us Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that beginning paragraph had my interest up until I read time travel. Not for me but I hope you are enjoying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never read this author but it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have to keep reading to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She doesn't seem very sad about his death. Interesting. I think she's more concerned with whether she will muddy her designer flats.

    ReplyDelete