Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Intros 9-10-13 Latter-Day Cipher







Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.


There on the damp pine needles, Kirsten Young lay on her back, a serene Ophelia in her dusky pond of blood. The dark irises of her bloodshot eyes stared unseeing into the branches above her head. The sun had burst through the clouds after the sudden downpour and now blazed above the canopy of conifers and aspens in Provo Canyon.  Deep in its recesses, the light filtered down in vertical sheets of champagne dust that played across the body. 

This is the first paragraph of the first chapter of the book I started while on vacation. Would you read on? 



Latter-day Cipher
Latayne C. Scott
Moody Publishers
ISBN 978-0-8024-5679-3

I normally do not read much murder mystery. But this one caught my eye because it is set in Utah, a neighboring state, and because of the word cipher. I love a good puzzle. The book is mainly about the investigation of the murder(s) and the people involved in the story surrounding the investigation.  I am currently on page 114 of 368 and I am liking it a lot. 



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

11 comments:

  1. I don't read too many mysteries, but this one sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you like it. I enjoy mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my...the scene is described so beautifully. Almost like it's a gorgeous set up for a movie, when instead it definitely must be grisly.

    Yes, I do want to know more! Thanks for visiting my blog...and I agree with you about the moths! They freak me out....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one attention grabbing intro. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound good! I love a good mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that opening sure paints a vivid picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, I'd keep reading - I like the intro. Thanks for joining it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful beginning to murder mystery! I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete