Wednesday, September 11, 2013

E Book Challenge #10 & #11 The Buggy List and The Show





The Buggy ListThe Buggy List by Courtney Rice Gager
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Libby and Drew seemed to have it all. Great careers, great family, and a real great love for each other. They hadn't really thought about starting a family but when Libby's sister warned to do "the things you want to now, because there won't be an after", they decided to make a list. Drew's items were fun but practical, Libby's items were fun and silly. Half way through the list, thinks start to change and come apart.
This book is cute and predictable, but fun and maybe just a little thought provoking as Drew and Libby struggle to complete their lists and maintain their love for each other.






The ShowThe Show by John A. Heldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a sequel to The Mine and though published after the 2nd book, The Journey, the author sent it to me to read and stated that it really was the book that transitioned from The Mine to The Journey. I loved meeting up with Grace and Joel again. I was so unhappy the way The Mine ended, I wanted more. With The Show, I got more and then some. Several incidents took me by surprise. I never thought I would like time travel stories, I didn't really care for The Time Traveler's Wife, but I like John Heldt's take on time travel. I am anxious to read The Journey. ( I would link it here, but Goodread's has made it a chore to find the link. There are over 100 pages to scroll through. I will include the link to the author, John A. Heldt and you can check out his books there.



I'm caught up for now and am still reading e-books.  So maybe I will up my level from the CD Level = 10 books to DVD Level = 25 books.  I hope I can complete that level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment