Monday, September 30, 2013

2013 Ebook Challenge #12 & #13






Latter-Day Cipher


Latter-Day Cipher by Latayne C. Scott
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I thought I was going to really like this book. The mystery of who was committing the murders, the interaction and the relationship that was building between Selonnah and Luke.  A good book was happening. Then suddenly there was no interaction between Luke and Selonnah, we switched to Roger and Anne. OK, so what's going on there?  And then we were suddenly away from the murders and were on a religious rant against the Mormon Church. Now I am not Mormon, but I do practice tolerance in all things, so this ranting in the book made me sad. I had the mystery figured out way early and it just wasn't very compelling to find out the reason this man was killing.





My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This short story introduction to Jennifer Weiner's novel, The Next Best Thing introduces us to Ruth. She has left her job writing for a hit television show to do something anything else. Ruthie, as her grandmother calls her,  lives with her fun loving, vivacious grandmother, since losing her parents in a horrendous auto crash when she was just three years old. Her grandmother encourages her to "get out there", but Ruth finds herself hiding in the lap pool. She swims and swims and swims, rather than expose herself to others.

I want to know about her. I like her a lot and I want her to find a great job, fall in love and have a wonderful life.    



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment