Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.
This is a wrap-up finally done picture of the Winnie the Pooh baby quilt I made for my oldest granddaughter and her husband's new little guy. He is due the first week in September and the quilt is done before he is born. Almost a first for me. I am a bit of a grandiose idea but procrastinator type finisher! I tried to get a picture of the whole quilt, it is very colorful, the pictures are from a panel I bought online, the interior sashing frames are a brown and cream dot, and the outer border is a large aqua check. It is backed in chocolate brown minkee. Soft, soft and cuddly.
This week I also finished the What's in a Name 6 Challenge at Beth Fish Reads. I read the following books since the start of 2013 for this challenge. You can check the button link on the right hand side of my blog.
1. Book with UP or DOWN in the title: The Mountain and the Fathers: Growing Up on the Big Dry by Joe Wilkins
2. Something you find IN THE KITCHEN in the title: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
3. A PARTY or CELEBRATION in the title: Steps to the Alter by Earlene Fowler ( ok, this was a reach but it's about 2 weddings._
4. A book with FIRE or an equivalent in the title: Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan.
5. A book with an EMOTION in the title: Joy School by Elizabeth Berg
6. A book with LOST or FOUND in the title: The Lost Wife by Allyson Richman.
I have participated in this challenge 2 years and always enjoy searching out the titles
Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy