Saturday, August 10, 2013

WRAP UP What's in a Name 6 and Quilt for Little Prince - Saturday Snapshot








Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at West Metro Mommy Reads To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.






This is a wrap-up finally done picture of the Winnie the Pooh baby quilt I made for my oldest granddaughter and her husband's new little guy. He is due the first week in September and the quilt is done before he is born. Almost a first for me. I am a bit of a grandiose idea but procrastinator type finisher!  I tried to get a picture of the whole quilt, it is very colorful, the pictures are from a panel I bought online, the interior sashing frames are a brown and cream dot, and the outer border is a large aqua  check. It is backed in chocolate brown minkee. Soft, soft and cuddly.


This week I also finished the What's in a Name 6 Challenge at Beth Fish Reads. I read the following books since the start of 2013 for this challenge. You can check the button link on the right hand side of my blog.
1. Book with UP or DOWN in the title:  The Mountain and the Fathers: Growing Up on the Big Dry by Joe Wilkins
2. Something you find IN THE KITCHEN in the title:  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
3. A PARTY or CELEBRATION in the title: Steps to the Alter by Earlene Fowler ( ok, this was a reach but it's about 2 weddings._
4. A book with FIRE or an equivalent in the title:  Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan.
5. A book with an EMOTION in the title:   Joy School by Elizabeth Berg
6. A book with LOST or FOUND in the title:  The Lost Wife by Allyson Richman.

I have participated in this challenge 2 years and always enjoy searching out the titles


Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy









7 comments:

  1. Love the cute quilt! I'm working on a crocheted blanket for a friend whose baby is due at the end of September - so I gotta get with the program too!

    Congrats on finishing the challenge - I still have a couple to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is a work of art. It must have taken a lot of time, and you must have great patience. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/XT7zg4

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same thing for my 4 nieces and nephews (except crossstitch). Only the first one got his design on the day he was born...the other three had to wait up to 2-3 mnths!! Life and procrastination to blame :-)
    Your blanket is lovely and will become a family keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is gorgeous! So colorful. Wasn't the Guernsey book great? That is a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable quilt! Congratulations on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful quilt! That looks like it must have been a difficult challenge. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete