Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Snapshot 8-3-13 Summer Storms


Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Melinda at  http://westmetromommy.blogspot.com/. To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at West Metro Mommy). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.


We have been experiencing late afternoon thunderstorms lately. Lots of lightning, thunder and heavy rain that only lasts 30-45 minutes.   We had just returned home and did not notice this beautiful cloud until we noticed that two riders on Harley motorcycles had stopped just across the street and were taking pictures of this cloud. I used my camera on my cell phone, because it was handy and the sky  was changing quickly. This cloud was to the east of us, so this is the beautiful side of a rather large thunderhead that was moving toward the Black Hills of SD. It really was much more spectacular in person. The moon was just rising over the left 1/3 of the cloud, just above the middle group of trees. If you look closely at the third photo you can barely see the tiny moon.  So special!








Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think my phone takes pictures anywhere near that nice! Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, while some times the clouds are a wee bit scary, they sure are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful pictures. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/LAe6cu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing clouds, visions like that often disappear so quickly, glad you got to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clouds are hard to photograph but you did a great job! We're having the same weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! I love summer storms - but we haven't had much rain here in Texas this summer at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. I use my cellphone camera, so much more than my expensive 35mm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy - you won a copy of This is Paradise: Stories on my blog giveaway - I sent you an email but not sure you got it. Please contact me ASAP if you would like me to get your book out to you. If I don't hear from you by Wednesday, I will assume you are no longer interested in the book and will choose another winner!!!

    caribousmom (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete