Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mailbox Monday 8-19

Mailbox Monday  is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their home last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday is currently on tour, hosted by a different blogger each month. The host for August is Kathy at BermudaOnion's Weblog. Kathy is filling in this month for a blogger who for whatever reason did not post the first and second Monday's in August. You can check the link above to see who is scheduled to host in September. 

Last week was a strange on for me. I had been selected to be in a jury pool for our district court system. So I was called to come to the courthouse on Monday. I was selected to sit on the jury for a criminal case involving stalking, kidnapping and aggravated assault and battery. It was a very intense case and we the jury struggled with a unanimous verdict. So little reading was done. We finished by noon on Wednesday and Thursday I had a date with my regular stitching group. Friday I was still in a "funk", so off to the bookstore I went. I found the following 3 titles on sale. HOORAY!


 I probably should have backed away a bit, but then you would see the dust on my buffet!.  

1. Distant_Heart Tracey Bateman for $.99
2. A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury for $4.99
3. On Hummingbird Wings by Lauraine Snelling for $3.99

I have read Lauraine Snelling's Dakotah Treasurers series, Daughters of Blessing series and Red River of the North series and loved them all.. I have not read the other authors but know that Karen Kingsbury writes Christian Literature and I always enjoy that. When I looked up a link to Distant Heart, I discovered that Tracey Bateman writes Christian  Fiction too, and is a Goodreads Author. Distant Heart is #2 in a series, so being the OCD person I am I will look for the 1st in the series before I read the second. A Time to Dance is #1 in the Timeless Love series. On Huimmingbird Wings looks like a stand alone story. 

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy






4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was an intense week. Enjoy your new books. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you were in a funk after witnessing a court case like that. I hope your new books cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mailbox. You needed something after a bad week.

    ENJOY!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I blame reading for my dust issues :) Hope you love your new books and hope they take the residual stress from jury duty away for good.

    ReplyDelete