Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Intros - E-Short Story by Jennifer Weiner



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.





"The girl's name was Caitlyn. That fall, it seemed like they were all Cailtlyn, or some oddly spelled variation of the name. Judging from the way she kept crossing and recrossing her long, denim-clad legs and flipping her silver cell phone open to check the time, she wanted to be anywhere but in the Coffee Beam and Tea Leaf on Beverly and Robertson, sharing a table for two with my laptop and me. "

This is the first paragraph of an e-short story I downloaded onto my Kindle. It was one of the first that I downloaded after receiving the Kindle for Christmas and I have yet to read it. We are camping all next week, Tues - Sunday, while Mr. Busy flies his RC aircraft at a fun fly in a neighboring community located in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming. I am looking forward to solitude and reading time, also some stitching time and more than a few naps! I may get this story read and start on another, we will see.  No promises!  LOL

So would you keep reading?  I peeked further down the first page and it looks like the young girl is just entering college and talking to an application consultant. 


Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

5 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting... hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to read a bit more, but hope you enjoy it. Have a nice time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you do have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the trip and the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a bad feeling not liking who you're with or where you've gone.

    ReplyDelete