Monday, July 8, 2013

The Devil in the White City - Non Fiction Reading Challenge 4/5

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed AmericaThe Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic and Madness at the Fair That Changed America by Erik Larson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My library did not have a print copy of this title, so I chose the audio book. I had a large hand stitching project and decided I could do two things at once if I could read and stitch. Needless to say, I finished the stitching project before the audio book was done. This is a very dark book and at the same time full of interesting historical information.

As now that I have finished this book, I enjoyed the historical references way more than the description of the psychopath's murders and all the details. The author Erik Larson did extensive research in libraries, archives, cemeteries and historical societies.

This was indeed an interesting non-fiction story. So much of our architectural history, and manufacturing history got its start at the 1893 Chicago's World Fair. I gave it 4 stars because of all the history presented that I did not know.


View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment