Monday, July 15, 2013

Mailbox Monday July 13th






Mailbox Monday  is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their home last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday is currently on tour, hosted by a different blogger each month. The July host is Tasha @ Book Obsessed

This was a rather slow week:


Only one I picked up from the library. 


This is a reading selection of the Ladies and Literature group on Goodreads. And it meets a challenge of reading books that spell out my name for the Mega Mix Challenge on Love of Reading, another group on Goodreads.  Books with titles that begin with 'Y' are harder to find than 'T' or 'S'. And I have 'J' and 'U' also!.

I have read 2 others by Geraldine Brooks and they have both been really good. So I am looking forward to this one also. 


This week I will be busy getting our new-to-us camper ready to go for a long weekend. We are headed to Medora ND to the Teddy Roosevelt National Park and the Medora Musical. If you ever have the opportunity to travel to western ND or eastern Montana and get close, you really should take the time to visit this awesome little town. The musical is in an amazing outdoor amphitheater and plays every night. The young people that perform are very talented. 

Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy








6 comments:

  1. I went to Medora once as a kid; we had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this book on my shelf for... ummm... years and still haven't read it. I'll be interested to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a FABULOUS book. In my opinion, this is her best book.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never read this one, but would want to -- enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to read Year of Wonder for a while now. I have read Geraldine Brooks before (People of the Book), but would love to read more from her.

    ReplyDelete