Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Week Filled

The past week has been a bit of a blur. Last weekend we took our new-to-us camper to Medora ND to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park and to attend the musical
 with our GWRRA friends. Normally we ride our motorcycle. This year, in our camper we included DH's mother and her dog, Emma. It was an experience, one that we are glad we took, but will not do again. We will try to get to Medora again, because we love it there and the camaraderie of all our friends is part of the fun.  But taking an 89 year old, though she is alert and fairly mobile was an adventure we will not repeat. Too many obstacles. Steps up to the camper, steps to the small bathroom in our camper, long walks to the Pitchfork Fondue and the amphitheater. Although the Medora Foundation does an awesome job supporting the visitation of older folks it was just too much for her and for us.

Monday I did laundry, unpacked the camper, and worked on finishing the two nursing covers I was sewing for my granddaughter.

I looked online and after checking out several blogs and pinterest sites, I settled on the tutorial from Sew Much Ado. Her instructions seemed the easiest to follow. I probably could have "winged it" on my own, but I always do better with a "plan". I am please how they turned out and hope my DGD will use them. She is a bit of a shy young lady so hopefully these will help her feel more secure as she nurses her son in public. She doesn't like anything floral, so one is a geometric pattern in gray, cream and beige and the other is a blue,red, brown and green stripe that has dog prints and dog bones on it. She and her dh have 3 dogs, 2 cats and soon a new baby boy. I am so excited.

The rest of the week was spent finishing the laundry, shopping, and nodding as my DH took the camper to have the step re-welded and told me the brakes on the pickup needed to be replaced  - $$$YIKES $$$.

Then Saturday I participated in a fundraiser sew day. A bit over a month ago, the owner of our local quilt shop collapsed and after several days in a coma, died. She was 53 years old. I live in a town of 29,000+ and if you are a sewer or quilter, you knew Bonnie. We all miss her very much, her husband and daughter are going to try to keep the shop going and of course we want them to succeed. Being self employed, the family had NO health insurance. So a group of us has filled some raffle baskets and yesterday had a Sew-In.


 We gathered to sew on any thing we wanted, but pledged money to sew, donated money for bottles of water, donated change if we used our seam ripper,
donated change if we used a "bad"word, donated change to take a cookie or candy kiss off the Treat Table.
 

We had a grand time. Many participants stitched blocks to go in a memory quilt for Bonnie's children and grandchildren.

Needless to say, I did not get a lot of reading done this week. I received no books in the mail, I did not start a new read, I did not discover any wondrous words. My participation in Blog land was at  a minimum. Next week should be better. 

Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment