Wondrous Words Wednesday is hosted by BermudaOnion each week. It's an opportunity to share new words you've encountered in your reading, or highlight words that you particularly enjoy.
I did not come across any new words this week. My WORD JOURNAL that I started awhile back, is empty. I haven't been keeping up.....so I went to my online dictionary. Their word of the day is: by and large. I think that is three words but it's not my site...any way that is not one I wanted to share. So I took their vocabulary quiz. Did OK too, but didn't know:
1. archaic: standing out or above
2. a: currently or actually existing
b: still existing: not destroyed or lost
- There are a few extant records from that period.
- One of the oldest buildings still extant.
- There is, he reports, no extant copy of the Super Bowl I television broadcast; nobody bothered to keep the tapes. - Joe Queenan, New York Times Book Review, 1 Feb.
So that is my new word today. EXTANT
What new words did you discover this week.?
Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy