Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mailbox Monday for June 10th


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday  is on tour for the month of June  and hosted by Dolce Bellezza
 Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous 


No arrivals in my "real" mailbox or my "email" box. But I did checkout one from our library. I went to get a copy of The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. It's the Classic Selection for the 3 months of June-August on Ladies & Literature on Goodreads. The card catalog said they had 1 copy  of the print book. They also said they had several audio books, an ebook, and  more that one reading guide. But I could not find the shelf copy, nor could the librarian. Long story, but they will look for it and if they find it, they will email me. In the meantime, I looked for Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple. No luck there either. Maybe someone in my hometown is also a Goodreads member and in the same groups. So I found a copy of:







I have been wanting to read this one for awhile. It is a title I had heard of before and it was published the year I was born. (1946)  That for a couple of challenges that I am involved in. I had not really done any research and just assumed that Carson McCullers was a man. So I was really surprised when I read the bio of Carson McCullers and discovered she was a woman, who lived during my lifetime and died at the early age of 50, in 1967. This is a small book only 162 pages, so I should finish it pretty quickly.  I want to read  The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter too.

I am currently still reading
but will finish soon. I'll review it this week I hope. 

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Just a PS !!!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the older book. Await your thoughts on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Elizabeth Berg book....and I hope you find a copy of the Bernadette book.

    Enjoy your week....and here's MY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your library book- it does look intriguing. I hear ya about hard to find books at the library. My hold of Where'd You Go, Bernadette finally came in after about 3 months. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so frustrating when a book is supposed to be in and no one can find it. I hope they locate it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Elizabeth Berg book looks interesting and I have yet to read much of McCullers, which I hope to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting choice from the library. Too bad about The Grapes of Wrath.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed several Berg novels - hope you like it. I thought "Bernadette" was funny so I hope you can get hold of a copy soon. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete