Monday, June 17, 2013

Mailbox Monday 6-18


Isn't this the prettiest mailbox. I am in love. It's not mine, but I wish I had one like it.


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week or weeks and to explore great book blogs. It doesn't matter is they came in the mailbox, or were borrowed from the library or purchased by you, or even loaned to you by a friend. It's a place to share. Mailbox Monday was originally created by Marcia and you can click on the link above to read the story. It has been on tour for the last year or so, and in June is hosted by Dolce Bellezza.  WARNING: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

Last week I described my futile trip to the library  in search of The Grapes of Wrath. That title still has not surfaced, but I put a few other titles on HOLD . One was the Audio CD of The Devil in the White City.




 I went to the library to pick it up and decided to peruse the shelves for some other titles. I picked up Roses by Lelia Meacham and How I Came to Sparkle Again by Kaya McLaren.






As I checked out the librarian brought the audiobook and a copy of Where'd You Go, Bernadette,which I had also had placed on hold, but had not received the e mail notification.





 So I left there with 4 books. Now, I may have bitten off more than I can chew, because I am in the middle of The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers and I had a quilt to finish and games to get ready for a baby shower for my granddaughter in another city, this coming weekend. Whew!!! I am busy.

Well, I got the graduation quilt done for Granddaughter #3, the gifts almost ready for Granddaughter #1's baby shower, and the fabric ready for 2 nursing covers that I promised to make too. I started listening to The Devil in the White City while I sewed the binding on the grad quilt and will continue to listen while I sew nursing covers today and tomorrow.

I'm sure I won't get any of them completely read, but I will try. As soon as Granddaughter #3 opens her gift, I will post pictures here.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy  ( I am)






5 comments:

  1. Very pretty mailbox indeed. Enjoy your new books Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've been busy! I enjoyed 'Bernadette'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devil in the White City is very good. ENJOY your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVED Roses! It's been a while since I've read it, and can't wait to go back and read it again. Hope it's one you enjoy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Bernadette and I hope you do, too! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete