Friday, May 31, 2013

What's In a Name 6 : FIRE

Yesterday I finished reading Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan. This book will satisfy 3 challenges. What's in a Name 6:  a title with Fire or an equivalent, hosted by Beth at Beth Fish Reads, and 2013 Ebook Challenge hosted by Sarah at Workaday Reads and a Non-Fiction Reading Challenge hosted by Jen at The Introverted Reader.  I am excited to hit this 3 in 1 in my reading challenges.




Brain on Fire: My Month of MadnessBrain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book relates an amazing story of a young journalist's journey into madness and recovery. Susannah Cahalan was a promising young journalist for the New York Post. She had a supportive family, though her parents are divorced, an amazing boyfriend and a wonderful network of friends. The book is a memoir or as close to a memoir as she can get. Susannah does not remember much of her ordeal, but because she is a journalist she knows how to do her research. So as part of her recovery she researched her disease, she interview her doctors, she talked to family and friends. Her father kept a diary, and the hospital had video, so she could read about and see what she did not remember.
I felt that the author was truthful in her telling of her story. It certainly was an eye opener for me.


View all my reviews

This review is on Goodreads. I just recently figured out how to write one review and post it to my blog. Now I really need to get better at the reviewing part. I recommend this book as both an informative read and an enjoyable one. Not that is enjoyable reading about another's illness, but she writes with wit and humor and it is a great journey.

Until Next Time

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment