Friday, May 17, 2013

Sweet Salt Air, finally rested.

Mothers Day I returned from a quilt retreat. I was tired but happy. Every year one of the quilt groups I belong to, The Quilting Chicks, holds a retreat at a place called Ranch A, in northeastern Wyoming. It is located very near the South Dakota border, so is surrounded by pine and spruce trees, deer, birds and though we did not see any, mountain lions. It is an old hunting lodge built of logs, with a huge fireplace, a large room to sew in, multiple bedrooms upstairs with shared baths. They have a large kitchen and we cook and sew and laugh and cry and have a great time.

I made a wall hanging and soft book, for "Little Prince" (great-grandson, due in early Sept), cut out pieces for a quilt for him, and did a quick little wall hanging for the space by the front door.





While there I continued to read the May selection of my local F2F bookclub. We received a copy of Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky. I loved it. The following is my review from Goodreads.

Sweet Salt AirSweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I would like to give this book 4.5 stars or maybe even 4.75. I really really liked it. It was descriptive and beautifully written. It was real and raw, there was just enough steam and heat to be like real life.  I fell in love with Charlotte and Leo. Who can resist a mysterious male. One who does manly things, like fix a roof and pilot a sailboat and still can be so tender and soft. Did I say I really really really liked this book?

I am hoping for another..........





Since returning, I have started reading
on my kindle. The images here are not good. I need to learn how to do that better. I am enjoying A Single Thread, it was recommended to me by a couple of my quilting friends. I understand why, it's a story about a women who opens a quilt shop in a new community after a divorce. I am only just into it, so not sure where it is leading, but so far it is a very easy and fun read.

This weekend I will get ready to have my son visit. He is arriving from Phoenix on Monday and can stay til Saturday. We will enjoy his visit. Hopefully he and his dad can get some time to have fun together. I have quilts to work on.


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment