Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday Snapshot 5-18







Saturday Snapshot is hosted by At Home With Books. To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at At Home With Books). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.




This was waiting on the dining room table when I returned from a Quilt Retreat on Mother's Day. Do you think he missed me?


It a color-infused phalaenopsis orchid. I have never had a orchid before, but my sisters grows them a lot. She says I should be able to keep it alive and maybe even have it re-bloom.  The Westerlay Orchid people ( who grew this one and distributed to our local supermarket) says it will re-bloom white. Keeping my fingers crossed!



Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

10 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Why doesn't it keep it's color? Interesting . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do like that! It's the most glorious colour. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/vsILU

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! I received a pot of orchids for Mother's Day, too. Mine is called an Ice Cube Orchid - you water it by placing 3 ice cubes on top of the soil once a week. My mom assures me it is fool-proof which is perfect because I definitely have a tendency to kill houseplants!

    Yours is beautiful - enjoy!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful flower - and how odd that it reblooms a different colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Beautiful! That's my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of color-infusing orchids -- it is certainly a beautiful color!

    Here is my SATURDAY SNAPSHOT post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty. I love flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i too love the orchids, mine has been growing since Dec. so I'm sure you'll do fine. Happy Mother's day. I guess he did miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice surprise♫ Good luck with them♥ My SS: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/rockie-rollers-ride-again/

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous. How interesting that it may change colour.

    ReplyDelete