Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro 5-28








Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.



The big-chested man sitting at the crowded Waffle House counter wearing the red plastic hog-head hat grinned and winked at Elvia. Her full lips, painted an eerily similar shade of crimson, shot him a frown worthy of Queen Victoria. He chuckled and whispered something to his friend, who wore not only a hog hat, but a red-and-gray sweatshirt stating, BEWARE, I HAVE HOG MANIA.
"I've had enough", Elvia said, pulling her beige cashmere cardigan closer around her. "You can take me home now."




The first 2 paragraphs from Arkansas Traveler by Earlene Fowler. It is #8 in the Benni Harper Mystery series that I have been reading for a few years. I am attached to Benni, her husband Gabe, and her best friend Elvia. In this book, they travel back to Sugartree, Arkansas where Benni spent many lazy childhood summers visiting her aunt and cousin. Her cousin Emory is courting Elvia and Elvia is along on the trip to see where Emory grew up.  I will continue reading because I am vested in Benni and her life experiences. Besides, it is part of the Mega Mix Challenge I have been working on.  ....to finish a series I have started. 


Until next time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying it. I have read a few of her books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your goal to finish the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding a series to follow with characters I get attached to. I've been reading the Maisie Dobbs mystery series by Jacqueline Winspear and am almost finished with the current book, Leaving Everything Most Loved.

    Here's my Tuesday intro/teaser: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/05/first-chapter-first-paragraph-15-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun Judy - enjoy! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new one for me, glad to hear you're enjoying the series.

    ReplyDelete