Monday, April 1, 2013

Mailbox Monday and




Don't you love this little girl in her boots and yellow raincoat?  Hope we get lots of rain in April to bring the May flowers. 


Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and hosted by Mari at Mari Reads
 in April.  This is where we spotlight the books that came to our home in the last week. Caveat: Mailbox Monday can cause your TBR pile to increase exponentially.



I received no books in my mailbox in the last several weeks. I did pick up a library loan of In The Woods by Tana French.  It is a March read for an online group on Goodreads. I'm a bit late getting started on it, but it is really good so far.

"As dusk approaches a small Dublin suburb in the summer of 1984, mothers begin to call their children home from play. but on this warm evening, three children do not return from the dark and silent wood. When the police arrive, the find only one child, gripping a tree trunk in terror, wearing blood-filled sneakers, and unable to recall a single detail of the previous hours."
This paragraph may have stopped me from going on, but the next paragraph grabbed my interest.

"Twenty years later, the found boy, Rob Ryan, is a detective on the Dublin Murder squad and keeps his past a secret. But when a 12 year-old girl is found murdered in the same wood, he and Detective Cassie Maddox - his partner and closest friend - find themselves investigating a case chillingly similar to the previous unsolved mystery. Now, with only snippets of long-buried memories to guide him, Ryan has the chance to uncover  both the mystery of the case before him and that of his own shadowy past."

The last two weeks were busy here. Spring is just around the corner here in Wyoming, I can feel it. I started a Senior Yoga class and will go back to a Water Aerobics class.

Until next time:

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

Judy

5 comments:

  1. Darling mailbox pic. I'm hoping for nice soft rains in April. Enjoy the yoga - love that. My husband read In The Woods but I haven't. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just hoping for some spring. So far it hasn't arrived in the Midwest. I haven't read In the Woods yet but I've heard quite a few people enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful books in your mailbox. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Here is my post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In The Woods sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/04/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my wish list. I do like her writing!

    ReplyDelete