Tuesday, April 23, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Into Tuesday




Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.

Last night, I started reading by Paulita Kincer. The first chapter and first paragraph follows:

"The quiet of the house mocked me as I rummaged through the Sunday paper looking for the travel pages. I ignored the meticulously folded "Help Wanted" section of the the newspaper and the yellow highlighter that my husband had placed on the counter to remind me that I'd been unemployed for two months and needed to find a job - soon. The ring of the kitchen phone saved me from isolation and from a job search as the thick accent of my aunt came across the crackly line inviting me to move to France. "

So, what would you do?  Would you continue?  I did, and am enjoying the story so far. Paulita is a fellow blogger and I for one will support as many of our fellow bloggers as I can, as they follow their passion of writing.

Schools had another snow day in our community yesterday. We probably had 6-8 inches on our deck when we woke up. But it melted a lot yesterday, and though there are more snow showers predicted this evening and some tomorrow, it is supposed to be 75 by Saturday. We should have sloppy roads and wet yards, but maybe just maybe Spring is around the corner.  Keep your fingers crossed!!

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

7 comments:

  1. Judy, Imagine how thrilled I was when I clicked on your blog and saw you featuring my book. Oh, I hope you like it. I'm like Sally Fields standing before the Oscar crowd.
    I'm reading The Good House by Ann Leary today. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds amazing. I want to read it too! Thanks for visiting my blog. I just signed on to follow you via GFC...follow back?
    http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that intro and do want to read my eBook of this soon, but I'm stalling for when we go on vacation:)

    Thanks so much for joining us this week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, I'm crediting all my Kindle sales yesterday with your blog featuring my book. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i enjoyed it very much. I read it rather quickly. I couldn't put it away, I needed to know what Uncle Martin's secret was!. Since my husband and I ride motorcycles, I fully felt Fia's sore muscles and need for soft bed and a hot bath.!!!. We have never ride in Europe however, just mostly the western states.

      Delete
    2. * have never ridden in Europe* I must learn to preview before I click publish.

      Delete