Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Snapshot and 2 Finishes





Saturday Snapshot is hosted by At Home With Books. To participate in the Saturday Snapshot meme post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken then leave a direct link to your post in the Mister Linky (at At Home With Books). Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don’t post random photos that you find online.




I think this is a flower from a thistle. The snapshot was taken by my brother in law who lives in Montana. It is pretty in an unusual way!  I am so ready for spring!!

Yesterday I finished reading The Twelfth Child by Bette Lee Crosby. It was on my kindle so that is another one down on my 2013 Ebook Challenge sponsored by Workaday Reads
The story is about Abigail Anne Lannigan who is the 12th child of her father William Lannigan. Even though she is a twin, she is a girl child and therefore not important in her father's eyes. She is an independent child, and her mother encourages her. A favorite teacher insists she and her brother continue to attend school after their mother's death, even though her father thinks that at eleven she should be home in the kitchen, cooking and cleaning. When he wants to marry her off at age 16 to the son of a wealthy farmer nearby, Abigail Anne runs away.   This is a story of love, love lost, and unconditional  friendship. Bette Lee Crosby creates characters that you wish you had known. Characters that you can understand and either love or hate as the case may be. 

My husband and I started listening to an audio book last Friday the 22nd, on our way to a weekend visit to our daughter, her husband and our granddaughters.  It was a 14 hour audio, so we did not finish it while in the car. We listened to the remaining discs on Wed night, Thursday night and last night we finished it.  True Blue by David Baldacci is entertaining and fast paced.

  D.C. police officer Mason "Mace" Perry is finally from her two years in prison after she was kidnapped and framed for a crime. Now she is determined to become a cop once again. Despite her sister being the chief of police Mace has to be careful, a U.S. attorney is searching for a reason to send her back to prison. 

There is lots of intrigue, mystery and even a little heat in this exciting story. Strong likable women who manage to 'get the job done'. 


Until next time, 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

13 comments:

  1. I came across a similar plant that I think is a thistle, on one of my recent walks, and tried a similar shot, but mine is nowhere near as good - I can't change the focus on my camera, so it's very hit and miss on close-ups. My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/ZoRZX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty flower for a thistle! And you're right, unusual too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thistles are pretty and always me remind me of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wild flowers are flowers. thorns and flowers go together.
    Spring is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flower. I loved THE TWELFTH CHILD.

    THANKS for sharing.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice thistle shot♫ Have a marvelous week-end♥ My SS: http://lore-eleven.blogspot.com/2013/02/fun-with-sundials.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is pretty but it looks prickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am ready for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That thistle has some really interesting textures - terrific photo.

    My Saturday Snapshot

    ReplyDelete
  10. That thistle is awfully pretty - great shot.

    ReplyDelete