Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mailbox Monday and What's in a Name 6-






Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at Hooked by A Book (formerly The Printed Page) and is on tour for the month of March, and hosted by Caitlin at Chaotic Compendiums
 Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


This week my kindle downloaded a copy of :

I am looking forward to this one  by Tess Thompson. Looks like a Chick-Lit,and I am ready. 


For my IN THE KITCHEN entry for What's in a Name 6 Challenge at Beth Fish Reads, I finished:



IN THE KITCHEN = Potato, Potato Peel, or Pie


I really enjoyed this book. The format of the letters made it interesting and easy to read. Funny how you can get to know someone, through the letters they write or the letters they receive. What a time in history when letters were such an integral part of communication. Not even e-mail these days can convey such information. Is that because we are to anxious to get to it, to be done with our explaining. Juliet is my favorite character, though I like Isola Pribby too. Juliet's wit and good sense serves her well in this story. And who can resist the ending........?

The book was set all in 1946, that is my birth year. It was interesting to read the entry on my birthday, and then there was one for my husband's birth date, and he would have been 2 at the time. It gave me pause to think of my parents being alive at that time in the US and wonder if they knew of what happened on Guernsey Island. They are both deceased, so I cannot ask, but I wish I knew.

I am continuing to work on my St Patrick's Day Challenge:  GOLD
G = (The) Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.
O= On Mystic Lake  by Kristin Hannah


Happy St Patrick's Day
Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



3 comments:

  1. Interesting titles, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/mailbox-monday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society.

    ENJOY!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm just dropping in from the What's in a Name Challenge....how cool that you could read the entry for your birthday - that gives the book an added bit of interest! I loved this book so much I haiku-reviewed it:

    http://thebookshelfgargoyle.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/haiku-review-the-guernsey-literary-and-potato-peel-pie-society/

    See you round the WIAN Challenge!

    ReplyDelete