Monday, March 4, 2013

Mailbox Monday 3-4


Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at Hooked by A Book (formerly The Printed Page) and is on tour for the month of March by Caitlin at Chaotic Compendiums
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This week not one new book arrived in my mailbox, but some did find their way to my bookshelf.





Tuesday:  At the monthly meeting of my F2F book club, 2 of the members brought books that they had finished and wanted to share.  I was able to snag:
Our Lady of the Lost and found by Diane Schoemplerlen  which comes highly recommeded  and
Winter of the World by Ken Follett. It is on my TBR list since I finished the 1st one in the trilogy,  
Saturday: We were in Colorado for my birthday. We visited a used book store and and Indie Bookstore. Since Ft Collins is home to Colorado State University, there are lots of bookstores and fun places to shop. I added:
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig  Larsson. I have read the series, but my husband started on it last Memorial Day when we were in Steamboat Springs. He picked up the first one from an "Take One Leave One" shelf at the campground. He is a slow reader, so borrowing from the library leaves him frustrated. When I saw the 2nd in the series, I had to pick it up, and we already own the 3rd. So now he is set for awhile.
Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shade Freed by E. L. James, because I own the 1st one and hadn't bought the next ones, yet. These were at the used book store and a good price. 
High Five and  Hot Six by Janet Evanovitch, because it too is a series I have started and the price was right.
Then at the Indie Bookstore, I chose, Me Before You  by JoJo Moyes, because I had not been able to find it locally, it was the February read for a group on Good Reads and it got great reviews and it was my birthday, so I treated myself!!. 


Whew, my TBR piles really is toppling. I also have a toppling pile of UFO's ( unfinished objects) in my sewing room that I must work on.  So glad I am retired, so I don't have a job to add to the mix.  Of course there is also laundry today, but that doesn't cause too much of an issue, because I work laundry in between projects or chapters.  LOL



Until next time, 
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


5 comments:

  1. Enjoy! your reading week.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/mailbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! Spending time in a book store sounds like a great way to celebrate your special day!
    I have the Stephanie Plum series, but haven't started it yet.

    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY...looks like quite a few made it to your bookshelf. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at that HUGE stack. I like the Follett series a lot - enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Our Lady on my shelf, it got such rave review, and your 50 shades?... well enjoy.

    ReplyDelete