Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mailbox Monday 2-17





Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week(s) and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at Hooked by A Book (formerly The Printed Page) and is on tour for the month of February and hosted by Audra at Unabridged Chick
Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This week one book found it's way into my house. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer is a traveling book from Dini at Ladies and Literature group on Goodreads. I have participated in their traveling book adventure twice now. Cinder by Marissa Meyer and People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks.  I really enjoyed the ability to  have the print book in my hand with the only output of dollars being the $4-$5 it costs me to send it on. When Scarlet showed up as the newest traveling book, I  jumped at the chance. Thanks Beth for sending it on to me. It started in AR from Dini, then Beth in TN sent it to me.  When I am finished I will send it on to Shannon in NC. We kind of keep track as to where each title has traveled. Much fun!!.

I am still working on last weeks large mailbox stash. But I will get to Scarlet very soon. Just a hint for those of you who haven't heard of this series, "The Lunar Chronicles"  This time, it's Little Red Riding Hood set in the distant future. And yes, there is a big, bad Wolf. 
I don't read much dystopian fiction, but I enjoyed Cinder and I assume I will feel the same way about Scarlet.  I'll let you know.

Until next time,

Stay Busy and Stay Happy


10 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with your new book, but hope you enjoy it. I bet you have plenty to read on your shelves:) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy Scarlet! I didn't like it quite as much as Cinder, mostly because I wanted to hear more of Cinder's story. But Scarlet definitely won me over in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traveling books definitely sound like a great way to read new books without having to spend a ton of money. I like the idea, but hate the idea I may not be able to keep a book I loved. Although I guess you could always buy a new copy.

    And I haven't read Cinder yet, but I definitely want to. While I knew the first was Cinderella, had no idea the second was Little Red Ridding Hood. And now that I know, well I want to read it even more

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Cinder on my TBR -- so excited to hear there's another one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The traveling book idea does sound like fun! If you send it media mail it costs even less.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think "traveling" books sounds like fun. Enjoy your new book...and the stack that awaits your "busy hands."

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traveling Books sounds like a great idea. Enjoy your book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scarlet sounds interesting.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/mailbox-monday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. A traveling book sounds fun....ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete