Tuesday, February 26, 2013

First Chapter First Tuesday Feb's Last Tuesday




Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph (or2) of the current book you are reading.

Scarlet was descending toward the alley behind the Rieux Tavern when her portscreen chimed from the passenger seat, followed by the automated voice, "Comm received for Mademoiselle Scarlet Beboit from the Toulouse Law Enforcement Department of Missing Persons."
Heart jumping, she swerved just in time to keep the ship's starboard side from skidding against the stone wall, and threw down the brakes before reaching a complete stop. Scarlet killed the engine already grabbing for the discarded portscreen. Its pale blue light glinted off the cockpit controls.




I hope to start this "traveling book" this week. It is the second in the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer and I really enjoyed the first in the series, "Cinder".

This last weekend was so fun.  We traveled to Colorado to spend the weekend with our daughter and her husband. Our 2 granddaughters live there too, so they were around most of the weekend. We "girls" had a great time, shopping, doing lunch, spending quality "girl time". We shopped for the new great-grandbaby expected in late August, we shopped for quilting stuff, we shopped for books. Doesn't get any better than that, except when we got home my DH, SIL and GrandsonIL  made enchiladas, fajitas and margaritas for my birthday supper.  Winter storm Rocky hit on Sunday morning, so we stayed an extra day and drove home on Monday. The road were mostly good, though there were some blowing snow and slick spots periodically.  The wind always blows in Wyoming and so when there is loose snow, that is expected.


Until Next Time

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read Cinder, but I am intrigued by both books...thanks for sharing; and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read these books, I see rave reviews everywhere. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of this series, but I hope you enjoy it. Like the intro but not sure it's for me. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read this book, it is sitting on my stack.

    ReplyDelete