Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WONDROUS WORDS WEDNESDAY #1



Wondrous Words Wednesday is a weekly meme where you can share new words that you’ve encountered or spotlight words you love. Feel free to get creative! If you want to play along, go to Kathy's blog and link up. You'll learn something new and wondrous every Wednesday.

Today I had to go to my online dictionary to find a word. Merriam-Webster has a new word of the day every day. They also give a pronunciation, that helps me a lot.


HELIACIAL



adjective:   relating to or near the sun — used especially of the last setting of a star before and its first rising after invisibility due to conjunction with the sun's rising and setting

The heliacial rising of Pleiades marked the beginning of summer in the Old Julian calendar.


Today my focus in on the quilt challenge that I signed up for. It has taken me quite a bit of planning to get to the actual "putting together". Hopefully today I will get all the pieces on the background today.

Until Next Time

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

3 comments:

  1. I would never have guessed the meaning but it makes sense. I'll have to check that site out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look it up to figure out how to pronounce it too! Good one. Happy New Year and Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to WWW! Great word, the definition matches the Latin origins well.

    ReplyDelete