Monday, January 7, 2013

Mailbox Monday 1-7-13





Mailbox Monday is a social meme that encourages us to share our new books. Created by Marcia who has set up various book blogs as well as a Mailbox Monday blog, it's been a "traveling" meme for the past few years.Lori at Lori's Reading Corner is the host of Mailbox Monday for the month of January. What books landed in your mailbox recently?


This week my outdoor mailbox held a win I received in a giveaway at Unabridged Chick. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I am looking forward to it. 
I also added several books to my new Kindle:

 My friend Lynn recommended Anne of Green Gables to me. I had not read it previously. I am enjoying it.
 Blind Your Ponies was recommended to me by members of my F2F bookclub. It is not one of our recommended reads, but some members had read in separately.
 This one I saw featured on Facebook. My DIL talked about it. She is an aspiring writer, so I thought I would download it and see.
 Don't really know why I chose this one. The cover caught my eye and it is an international bestseller.And it was a bargain!

The author contacted me on FB so I succumbed to the request. Also, I am a pushover for a trilogy! All of these will help fulfill my Ebook Challenge. 

I have my reading time pretty well filled up. I also have my quilt challenge in the works. I really need to continue to work on it, so I can get it completed. 


Until Next Time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




4 comments:

  1. Nice mailbox. I love Anne of Green Gables. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mudbound is VERY GOOD...enjoy it and all your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Mudbound a lot and heard Blind Your Ponies was good as well -- enjoy

    ReplyDelete