Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013 Ebook Challenge #1

Well, its Saturday again.. It's been a busy week. I am wondering if I will ever feel like my life is in order. I have these thoughts every January. I need to get rid of the clutter in my home, I need to get a handle on my stitchery and quilting. I need to let go of all the challenges I want to participate in with my book reading. That is probably my biggest weakness......I want to do it all!





That being said, there are a few challenges that I am doing. I finished reading Anne of Green Gables on my Kindle last week. How on earth did I get to be this old and never have read that wonderful story. I love Anne's  ( with an E) long drawn out narratives.Though I suppose if I were the adult in here world, I too would have tired of it. The author did a great job in creating the characters and the surroundings. I did some research on L.M. Montgomery and she had a rather austere lonely life. I'm sure her writing colored her drab dreary world. I hope to read some of the other Anne of Green Gable stories. This book is the first in my 2013 Ebook challenge group.

I am currently reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. I am enjoying it, when I can give it more than 3 minutes at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Always good to have goals♫ My 2013 start was delayed due to the flu, but now I feel like I can take on new projects....happy week-end♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anne of Green Gables. She's just such a lovely character.

    I totally hear you about wanting to do it all though. I have the same problem although I think I'm getting better about stepping back from stuff (I hope!).

    ReplyDelete