Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2013 Ebook #2


This is the second Ebook I have read in 2013. I needed to read it for a challenge for a group at Goodreads and decided rather than trek to the library again, I would see if it was available for my Kindle. It was and so I downloaded it. I gave it 5 stars. I liked it so much, I wanted to share with my sister. She is new to e-readers, so I wanted to suggest a book I knew she would like. But alas, I cannot share or loan this title. Maybe I will have to gift it to her with an online gift card.

Victoria Jones is the main character. She broke my heart and then she made me want to hold her tight. The story starts when she is being emancipated as a 18 year old. The story does go back and forth in time , but it was not hard to follow. We follow Victoria back to when she was just a little girl and her constant moving from foster home to foster home. We learn maybe why she is the person she is. I could not put this book down. I was totally enamored by Victoria and her foster mother, Elizabeth, her wonderfully accepting employer, Renata and her solid always there love interest Grant.  This story shares themes of forgiveness, second chances, love and family. In a review, Paula McLain, author of The Paris Wife, says,"Vanessa Diffenbaugh shows us a corner of experience hidden to most, with an astonishing degree of insight and compassion. So hold on, and keep the tissue box nearby. This is a book you won't soon forget". I know I won't soon forget this book. I will be one of my favorites.

So Until Next Time
Stay Busy and Stay Happy

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment