Monday, December 10, 2012

Mailbox Monday Dec 10




Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and hosted by Susan of Suko’s Notebook in December.  This is where we spotlight the books that came to our home in the last week. Caveat: Mailbox Monday can cause your TBR pile to increase exponentially.

These are images from Amazon.  From the inside flap of The Stupidest Angel.  Christmas crept into Pine Cove like a creeping Christmas thing: dragging garland, ribbon, and sleigh bells, oozing eggnog, reeking of pine, and threatening festive doom like a cold sore under the mistletoe.
From the back cover of The Winter Sea: In the spring of 1708, an invading Jacobite fleet of French and Scottish soldiers nearly succeeded in landing the  exiled James Stewart in Scotland to reclaim his crown. 
Now Carrie McClelland hopes to turn that story into her next bestselling novel. Settling herself in the shadow of Slains Castle, she creates a heroine named for one of her own ancestors and starts to write.  

This week there were no books in the mailbox. So to help my feelings of sadness, I made a trip to the library. The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror is the December read for the Love of Reading group on Goodreads. I wasn't sure what the story was about. If I had been better informed, I would have chosen the "side read" or alternate, The Weight of Silence.  I have finished the book, but definitely am not a fan. Of course I don't watch Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler movies either. It's irreverent, gross , R rated humor. 

The Winter Sea is the December read for Ladies and Literature on Goodreads. I hope I enjoy this one more. I will start it tonight probably. Today I have to get the oil changed in my car, do some grocery shopping and Christmas shopping, then home to finish some Christmas items and part of the graduation gift for one of my granddaughters. 

Hope everyone else has a wonderful Mailbox Monday and a wonderful week to come. 


Until the next time

Stay Busy and Stay Happy



7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read the Winter Sea. And, I love my library. I have a stack of TBR and I still go to the library and get more. Have a great week!
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trips to the library! Enjoy your reading this week, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The library is a balm to soothe a great many weals. Hope you have fun getting your read on. ;)

    Jonathan
    www.ireadabookonce.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read "The Weight of Silence." It was very good. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read THE WINTER SEA....hope it is good. Will be looking for your thoughts on it.

    ENJOY!!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Winter Sea is one I'd like to read as well; enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such great things about Susanna Kearsly's books. I haven't actually read anything of hers yet, but from what I've heard I think you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete