Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year - Mailbox Monday






Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and hosted by Susan of Suko’s Notebook in December.  This is where we spotlight the books that came to our home in the last week. Caveat: Mailbox Monday can cause your TBR pile to increase exponentially.
This week has been a winner in the received books department. Santa brought me a Kindle Fire, so I downloaded the following from Amazon.
I have read the first of this series and enjoyed it a lot. It's  a time-travel story.

I know nothing about this book. It was free online. I like the cover.

Stephen King's novel has been on my TBR list for quite awhile. I found a bargin online this week, so I fell fortunate.

This one showed up as an addition to the dictionary on my Kindle.




Also in the mail were these two books. This Year Will Be Different by Maeve Binchey is from PBS and Geraldine Brook's People of the Book is a traveling book from Beth at Goodreads. As soon as I am finished I'll send it on to Gayle.  Of course, my new Weight Watcher magazine came in the mail too. As a gentle reminder that the holidays are over and it's time to get serious. Look at Jessica Simpson, doesn't she look great. Even it was for only a little while, she's pregnant again. Good Luck Jess, I gained weight with each baby I had.....


Until next time,

Stay Happy and Stay Busy


7 comments:

  1. Great mailbox. Enjoy that new Kindle! Have a happy and blessed New Year!
    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your new Fire! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your Kindle Fire, and all of your reading. Thanks for participating in MM this month. Have a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa was good to you! I hope you enjoy 11/22/63 as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Kindle Fire - enjoy the Stephen King, it's on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mailbox.

    Happy New Year...enjoy all your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked People of the Book when I read it. And while mine wasn't necessarily a traveling copy, my mom did read it first, and then she lent it to me to read.

    ReplyDelete