Monday, December 17, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros 12-18



Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph or maybe two of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.





Won in a contest on Goodreads. The following are the first 2 chapters. I am looking forward to reading this. Thanks to Goodreads and especially to Leigh Moore for offering the book as a prize. 


    A trumpet blast, followed by silence. We were all frozen on our marks. Center stage, my arms were raised in a V, and the insides of my eyelids turned from pink to black as the lights went out and the curtain fell, sending the odor of musty velvet swirling around us. Applause filled the house, but on our side was the swift click-clack of tap shoes, the whisper of tights against taffeta, fishnets and feathers. I dropped my arms and exited stage right.
   The glare of the spotlight had dazzled my eyes, but I'd done this so many times, I could find my way blind. I caught the small hand waiting for me in the wings as I passed. Not so small anymore, I thought as we navigated the maze of boxes and discarded scenery back to my dressing room. 

So would you continue? I hope to start reading next week. 



Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy



4 comments:

  1. That opening grabbed my attention - especially after being in NYC last weekend and seeing a couple of shows. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely keep reading --intrigued by where this is going.

    Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete