Tuesday, December 4, 2012

FCFP Tuesday Intros Dec 4




Every Tuesday, Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph (maybe two)  of her current read. Anyone can join in. Go to Diane's website for the image and share the first paragraph of the current book you are reading.





  Well, I have broken the toilet. I flushed, the water rose, the rose higher, too much. I stared at it, told it, "No!" slammed the lid down, the raised it back up again. Water still rising. I put the lid down, turned out the light, tiptoed out of the bathroom, across the hall, and into my bedroom, where I slid under my bed. 

  Now I hear the water hitting the bathroom floor. It goes on and on. Niagara Falls, where the honeymooners go and do what they do. There is the heavy tread of his footsteps coming rapidly up the stairs. I hear him turn on the bathroom light and swear softly to himself. "Katie!" he yells. He comes into my room. I stop breathing. "Katherine!" I am stone. I am off the planet, a star, lovely and unnamed. He goes into my sister's room. " What the hell did you do to the toilet?"

 Would you continue reading?  This series was recommended to me by a friend. A teacher and fellow quilter. I am going to read all three for a book challenge.  Elizabeth Berg is a new to me author, but not to many. I received the first  of the series from PBS after my friend loaned me a copy of the 3rd in the series and another of the author's stand alone books.


Today I am going to finish decorating the Christmas tree, attend my Stitchin' Club Show and Tell, then go to the month meeting of my face to face book club. We are having a bookmark exchange and will discuss The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Another author that I had not read previously. I really liked that one, and gave it 5 STARS!!.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy




3 comments:

  1. I would keep reading! I've enjoyed her books. Hopefully, our tree will be up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep reading. I love Elizabeth Berg's past novels. Some of them are laugh-out-loud funny. I haven't heard of this series but now I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great intro; I'd keep reading. I've read a lot of her books, but not that one. enjoy

    ReplyDelete