Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012 Mailbox Monday





Welcome to Mailbox Monday, a meme started by Marcia and hosted by Susan of Suko’s Notebook in December.  This is where we spotlight the books that came to our home in the last week. Caveat: Mailbox Monday can cause your TBR pile to increase exponentially.





This week there were lots of deliveries to my mailbox and porch!. Most of them were not books. Most were Christmas gifts from family far away. Our son and his family lives in the Phoenix area, our daughter and her family live in Colorado. Here is a snapshot of the bottom of our tree, packages and Santa. Also two books from my DIL in Arizona, unwrapped so I know they were for me, RIGHT NOW!
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I know most of you have read this one, but I have not and want to use it for  What's In A Name 6 challenge        at Beth Fish Reads. See more about this 2013 challenge on the side bar at Beth's blog. 
Also in the same box from AZ was Engaged to Die by Carolyn Hart. My daughter-in-law and I read some of the same kinds of books. The last book was She Who Remembers by Linda Lay Shuler. This was from PBS. I know nothing about this one, but I like Native American history. And the cover has a quote by Jean M Auel. If she liked it, I know I will too. I loved Jean Auel's Clan of the Cave Bear series

I won't be reading much today, too many preparations to be made for tonight. But I expect to read more and more in 2013.  

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy


        Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

       Happy Holidays and a Blessed New Year

 

14 comments:

  1. Happy holidays, and enjoy your week! I enjoyed The Guernsey book....hope you do, too.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society yet either, but I keep meaning to. Maybe in 2013!

    Hope you have a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holiday to you too. I'll post here after I finish the Guernsey book.

      Delete
  3. Some interesting picks - hope you enjoy them . . . as soon as you find time to read them, that is. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy "Guernsey" as much as I did. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  5. You are in for a real treat with Guernsey!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking forward to it since last Christmas when I say it on my DIL bookshelf!

      Delete
  6. I think you'll enjoy The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society! Have a merry, merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society either and I do have the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your early Christmas presents! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your books...hope you had a good Christmas!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete