Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Non-review: I'm Sorry I Feel This Way





Title: I'm Sorry You Feel That Way: The Astonishing But True Story of
a Daughter, Sister, Slut, Wife, Mother and Friend to Man & Dog.
Author: Diana Joseph 
Publisher:  Amy Einhorn Imprints
Publication Year: 2009
Edition:  Paperback
Source:  Purchased-Amazon
Date Completed: December 2012
Rating:  2/5  only because it was a little better than my 1 star books
Recommend:  No

I don't know where to begin. It's hard enough to write a review of a book that you fell in love with. It's harder yet to review a book you only just "liked".  But to write a review of a book that you really didn't like is hardest of all.

Maybe I just don't like memoirs. This book was on a list of books published by Amy Einhorn Imprints and since THE HELP was also on this list, I thought maybe that meant it would be as good THE HELP was. It wasn't. It was dull and boring. I raised a son too, I had trouble getting him to shower when he was an adolescent. I didn't bother to write a novel. I too made bad choices when I was young, I had sex with the first boy that asked, I got pregnant, I didn't write a novel.  I didn't smoke pot or experiment with drugs, I don't feel that I missed anything. My in-laws showed me what my husband was going to turn out to be, I didn't feel moved to write a novel.   In other words, don't bother with this book. There was very little that I found funny, cute, or outstanding, certainly nothing astonishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment