Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday - Countdown to Thanksgiving.

I haven't posted in a while. Keep thinking that there is nothing to write about. I haven't finished reading The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman, but I am really enjoying it. I have been sewing some.




 Finished some really simple place mats for Christmas. They will go 2 to my daughter and her husband, they have an empty nest now that the youngest has flown. The other 2 to my oldest granddaughter and her husband. They have not started to fill their nest yet so only the 2 of them too. I will send them before Christmas, cause what fun is it to have Christmas place mats the day of Christmas then you have to pack them away? They are reversible and slightly different in the binding. One set is bound with the red snowflake fabric and one set is bound with the Christmas Words fabric.




I belong to a local book club and we will have a bookmark exchange during our December gathering. I made a bookmark and will supplement with a package of Book Darts. Have any of you used these? I have not, but I saw them online and thought what a great idea. I can't stand to write in books I own,  and of course don't write in book that I borrow. But I often want to remember a word or quote, and don't want to stop to go find a dictionary or a pen and paper. I found a small package of them in our bookstore. I will order some for myself online, after Christmas. They are on my Christmas list, so will wait to see if they appear in a gift.


The book mark is an oriental looking fabric, in burgundy, teal and gold. The book is our book club's reading selection for discussion in January. It is Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotry. It's hard to see in the picture, but the book darts are little copper arrow shaped pieces that slip over the edge of the page.  Cool!!!! Below  is a little bit better picture of the Verse Keepers by Book Darts.



I also am a member of a quilt group, a quilt guild ( more organized than just my group) and a  group of women that meet every Thursday to just stitch. Hand embroidery, knitting, crocheting, or even sewing the binding on a quilt. We call ourselves the Thursday Stitchers and we have decided to have a stitch block exchange. So I traced a design on 8 squares of fabric, and will come home with 8 different traced blocks after our December 13th session. I will post pictures of those after the party.

So I guess I did have something to write about after all. This evening I will grind the cranberries for my family cranberry salad recipe and make the cornbread for the dressing. I am going to try a new crockpot dressing recipe that I have tasted by never made before. Will let you know if I am successful.

Til Later

Stay Busy and Stay Happy




Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment