Monday, November 12, 2012

Mailbox Monday November 12





Mailbox Monday is on tour for the month of November at Bermuda Onion's Weblog. Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.



This week I scored big time!.  My AMAZON box arrived with  "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton. It is for the current book selection for a group on Goodreads. Also included was a copy of "Russian Winter" by Daphne Kalotay and "Claiming Ground" by Laura Bell. These are the December and March Selections for my local face to face bookclub.   This week too, I received three books that I ordered through Paperback Swap. I was glad to finally get them. I had mailed 4 books, and hadn't received the credits to order the ones I wanted. I got a copy of "Durable Goods" by Elizabeth Berg. It is #1 in the Katie trilogy. So that is fun. I watched an interview with Patricia Cornwell on Sunday Morning  a couple of weeks ago, and decided I wanted to read her books. So I now have #1 and #2 of the series.  "Postmortem" and " Body of Evidence". I should stay very busy now, along with the holidays are creeping up on me. I have to cook a turkey for my quilt guild on Tuesday this week. I am hosting my Bunko Buddies on Thursday and have a quilt group sew-in and baby shower on Sunday. Then Thanksgiving is at my house this year!!!  WHEW, I may not be back to blogland for a bit.

Until next time,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy
Judy

7 comments:

  1. Love THE SECRET KEEPER and RUSSIAN WINTER.

    Enjoy them all.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday-11122012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection. I better read my copy of The Secret Keeper soon or I'll be the only person left who hasn't read it! The first few books in Cornwell's Scarpetta series are excellent. I liked them better than her more recent novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just grabbed The Secret Keeper from Netgalley. It does look like a good one and I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading and enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read The Secret Keeper.

    Elizabeth Berg's books are some of my faves...loved Durable Goods.

    Enjoy your week...and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Russian Winter and The Secret Keeper caught my eye.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/mailbox-monday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first two books look especially good to me. Good luck with the Thanksgiving prep - that can be overwhelming! I love paperbackswap - I've gotten some great books that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been really wanting to read both Russian Winter and The Secret Keeper. Hope they're ones that you wind up enjoying!

    ReplyDelete