Saturday, October 6, 2012

October's First Saturday Snapshot- Quilts



Saturday Snapshot

Photos can be old or new, and be of any subject as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give in the caption is entirely up to you. Please don't post random photos that you find online.





Two projects that were submitted to the N.E.W. 30th Annual Quilt Show in Gillette WY this weekend. The top green one is a table topper. I have wanted to make it "forever". This example has caught my attention again. Guess I will have to find the pattern and "get it done".  The bottom picture is a collection of 12 12' blocks for each month of the year. I am sure the owner of these lovely mini quilts has a display rack that she uses in her home. The are so cute and really well done.  I am envious of her applique talents.

Needless to say, there will be no reading time for me this weekend. As a member of the coordinating committee, I will be busy all weekend, except for Sunday morning. But that is what I do:  Busy Hands are Happy Hands.


Til next time
Stay Busy & Stay Happy,

Judy

8 comments:

  1. That monthly quilt is beautiful. I do embroidery, and crochet, and knitting, but I don't have the patience for quilting - I just admire other people's work! My Snapshot is at http://goo.gl/ksE6O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilts so much...but have never made one. My mother did many quilts over the years. I enjoyed displaying quilts over the loft railing when I lived in my townhouse a few years ago.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY SATURDAY SNAPSHOT POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilts! it's not something I have the time (or the space for, really)--but my mom made us a quilt for our wedding present that I treasure.

    Here's my Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that green one! I'd want that for a table topper, or expanded into a blanket (but then I do love green)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't do anything really handy like that - I bet it gives you countless hours of pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are so creative. Thanks for sharing these fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really lovely quilts. I love seeing crafty things on Snapshot Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shape of the green table topper. I can't imagine being able to create things with such intricacies. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete