Monday, October 1, 2012

October Mailbox Monday #1






Mailbox Monday is  back home for the month of October at Mailbox Monday. Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

It's been two weeks since I posted. The week following the 17th of September was one for the books. My DH ended up in the hospital with chest pains. His birthday was the 17th and he turned 68. He acts and looks much younger but obviously, his body feels 68.  The doctor's did tons of test, but with no conclusions.  So last weekend we left home on the 27th and went to Colorado for some R&R.  Our daughter and her husband, our oldest granddaughter and her husband and our youngest granddaughter all live in Ft Collins. We had a great time.

 The visit resulted in these two book-books coming home with me.
  Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregroy Maguire, loaned to me by my daughter and son-in-law. I was telling them how I enjoyed Cinder, so they thought I may enjoy this one. 
And Room by Emma Donoghue loaned to me by my youngest granddaughter. ( She is 19)  This one is on a challenge that I participated in during the summer, so I am anxious to read it a check that particular book off the list. 





We also borrowed a copy of the audio book  Into the Storm bySuzanne Brockmann to listen to on our way there and on the way home. It is a 13 CD set, so we knew we would not finish it. Unfortunately, the CD were scratched, and #3 would not play at all. We skipped #3 and kept on with #4. Luckily, I don't think we missed too terribly much.  But I will certainly let the library know when I return it. It is a good story, both my DH and I are enjoying it. 


3 comments:

  1. I have read ROOM...don't read it in a dark, enclosed room. :) :)

    Can't believe your granddaughter read it...it is quite intense.

    Hope you can stop by my blog to read my post about the book conference I attended in New York City this past Saturday.



    A giveaway is also directly below my Mailbox Monday post.



    Elizabeth

    Silver’s Reviews
    
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-1012012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Shasta did not read it. Her bookmark is on page 53. She said she couldn't go on......so we will see if I can read it.

      Delete
  2. Room was a good one, although I found it hard to get use to the little boy's voice in the first 50 pages.

    ReplyDelete