Monday, October 29, 2012

Mailbox Monday - Four Books and a Mission






Mailbox Monday is on tour for the month of October at. Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


This week the books that made their way into my house did not come via the mailbox. Two Elizabeth Berg book were given to me by a friend.
 Until the Real Thing Comes Along is a paperback, with a different cover than the one pictured. I could not find a link to the cover that is on this particular one. She said I could keep or pass along this one.
As I was looking for a cover image for True to Form, I discovered that it is #3 in a Katie trilogy. My friend would like the hardcover back, and it did not have the jacket on it. Anyway I really would like to read them in order, so the library may see me in the near future.

 The Dovekeepers is the November read for Ladies & Literature book group with in Goodreads. I searched Amazon and the library. Of course Amazon had it, but I am partial to keeping $$ in our town, so I buy locally when I have to buy. I purchased it at Hastings. We don't have a BN or any other bigger book store, not do we have an independent store!  SIGH!! I am looking forward to this read.  I am behind on the October selection however, so I will have to apply myself soon.
Looking for Alaska is the first book that John Green wrote. I was mesmerized by his recent story, The Fault in Our Stars. I am on a quest to read all of his books. Looks like I have my reading time pretty full, plus I have the Classic selection for Ladies & Literature to read yet.

November is going to be busy socially too. I have a Retirement Party, two quilt group meetings, a bike club meeting, a baby shower and I am hosting a Bunko Party at our home in mid November. Plus there is Thanksgiving to be thinking about. Whew!!!! I wasn't this busy when I was employed!  LOL

Until next time,
Stay Busy & Stay Happy

Judy

3 comments:

  1. They all sound like good reads, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Elizabeth Berg...ENJOY her books and your others.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10292012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy -- I use to read all Eliz Berg's books, but I stopped a few years ago. I see she has a new one coming out as well - the title escapes me -- have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete