Thursday, October 25, 2012

Busy Hands had a Busy Week

WoW!  Here it is Thursday again, and more than a week since I last posted. I was glad to have Mr. Busy home all last week, so we were doing "together" things. We had friends in on Saturday last to play cards and have supper together. I made chili and corn bread muffins. When I planned the meal it was cold and rainy here and chili sounded good. By Saturday it had warmed up to 70 degrees F.  Oh well, it was fine. The other ladies brought a veggie tray and cupcakes, as we were celebrating one of the girls' 60th birthday. Where was my camera??? Hanging on the bedroom doorknob where it usually resides. I really have to be more diligent about using it.

Mr. Busy has been gone since early Monday morning, again trying to finish getting his mother's house ready to sell. I have been reading and sewing. First I finished a Halloween pillow. I picked up the pattern while visiting a favorite quilt shop in the city where my MIL's house is. Isn't it CUTE? I also finished a Halloween banner that has been in my sewing room for 2+ years.
 This a close - up! The detail shows up better. I used my cell phone camera, so  it's not wonderful quality.
This shows it on the wall. There is a small area of wall space between the front coat closet and the stairwell in our home. I have a hanger there that always has a seasonal banner.

On Tuesday I was with a group of ladies that I play Bunko with on a monthly basis. We have supper and play the game til 9PM or so, when we all go home. This month was held at a home that is "decked out" for Halloween. The subdivision she lives in is called Sleepy Hallow Subdivision, so everyone who lives there goes all out for that holiday. Here are a few pictures of the outside of her home and a few inside too.
 The ghosts are blurry cause they were moving up and down behind the fence!
 This wreath was orange tulle and stripped ribbon. Just gorgeous!!
 My camera phone was too close here, but sparkly ferns, and spiders, and pumpkin pics in a hollowed out pumpkin.  Really pretty, colors were green, orange, purple, silver and black.
This is a book of spells next to her buffet that housed various bottles with labels, like "poison", etc. Dry ice in a cauldron. So well done. She is an awesome decorator. She really has a great eye for design and symmetry.

I am reading this for a book selection challenge on Goodreads.  I also  finished listening to the monthly selection for my local book club.
My book club is reading , "The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It is my new favorite book of the year. I was blown away by the story and the characters. I highly recommend it. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars!!
The image here is awful, but the book is wonderful.

So you can see I have been busy.

Stay Busy and Stay Happy

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Your pillow turned out very cute. Great banner too.

    ReplyDelete