Monday, October 15, 2012

A Successful Weekend and Mailbox Monday

 I did get my sewing room usable again. Can you see the cutting table is relatively clean. There is some Halloween fabric waiting to be put into a stitched pillow, of course my ceramic pincushion which is one of my treasures, a Christmas gift from a quilting friend, my cup of utensils, and a basket for scraps, and a container for selvages. Under my cutting table are banks of drawers, filled I might add! Do you see the black t-shirt hanging from the edge of the cutting table. That contains all the scraps dumped from the basket on top of my table and from the thread catcher by my machine. It is a t-shirt turned inside out, the bottom and the sleeves stitched shut. When it is full, I will sew the neck closed and take it to our animal shelter. They use them for pet beds.
 This is where I sew. On the wall are lots of memorabilia. There is an extra light, iPod with speakers, a pressing surface and drawers with thread and other essentials. I sew in the basement, and it is my space, I don't have to share with anyone. It is a sage green with purple accents. My chair is purple, as is my waste basket, and a cubby beside my chair.


 This is a bulletin board above my cutting table. Notes, a heart-shaped sachet, and the purple pouch like thing is actually a gift from my sister-in-law. It is a Victoria's Secret bra , the cups sewed together with purple bead for trim. They were sold for donations to Breast Cancer Research. And because I am a breast cancer survivor, she wanted me to have it. I store business cards in it.

So on to Mailbox Monday. Last week, Cupid's Christmas by Bette Lee Crosby arrived in the mail. I was anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I entered a contest on Goodreads, that Bette Lee had posted. She wanted possible names for characters in her new book. My mom had recently passed away, so I submitted her name, Lorraine. If the name was chosen, a copy of the book was the prize. One of the names she chose to use was my mom's name. She autographed the book and sent it on to me.

I really enjoyed the story. It is a Christmas romance. Romantic love and family love are explored.  It has an expected ending and is a well written and fun read. Thanks Bette Lee.

Marcia at Mailbox Monday  is hosting Mailbox Monday for the month of October.  Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.


Until next time,

Stay Busy and Stay Happy,
Judy


4 comments:

  1. Very nice area for you.

    And....very nice tribute to your mother. Enjoy your book.


    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/mailbox-monday-10142012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your space looks great. And how fun to win the contest using your mom's name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing cute looks terrific -- congrats on a great job!

    The Cupid's Christmas looks cute too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win! Your sewing space is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete