Monday, September 17, 2012

Mailbox Monday 9-17


 Mailbox Monday is on tour for the month of September at Book N Around. Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

These 4 books have been added to my To Read List this week. They did not arrive in my mailbox, but they live in my house now.
 Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks is the October read for the local book club that I belong to. Tomorrow night we meet again, after taking the summer off ,to discuss Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. Then in October we will discuss Caleb's Crossing. I have only been a member of this book club since February 2012. But I enjoy the ladies who belong and meet to share. 

 Fifty Shades of Grey , by E.L. James was recommended to me by my daughter and granddaughter. I guess I will see what all the hoopla is about. I have read several reviews on Goodreads, and not many recommend it. I will judge for myself, but I am not sure what to expect.
The Lost Wife, A Novel, by Alyson Richman is one I picked to complete a challenge on Goodreads.  The title caught my eye and the cover peeked my interest. " A rapturous new novel of first love in a time of war."  "Staggeringly evocative, romantic  heartrending, sensual and beautifully written" - John Lescroart, New York Time bestselling author.


The Hunger Games  by Suzanne Collins is also a book recommended by my daughter and a possible pick for our local book club. I found it on sale at Wal-Mart , so decided to add it to my stack of books to be read.

This week too, I will attend another Quilt Retreat in the beautiful Black Hills of So Dakota. Eleven friends and I will meet to quilt, play, eat, laugh and generally just have a great time, at Ranch A near Spearfish SD. I hope to get some pictures, the leaves should be turning. They are early this year because it has been so dry.
I will pack a book light and my current read, Betrayal by Michele Kallio, which I won from the author. I am enjoying it and hope to be able to write an acceptable review.

Til next time,
Stay Busy, Stay Happy
Judy

4 comments:

  1. Betrayal caught my eye, enjoy! your books.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/mailbox-monday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lost Wife is so beautifully written. I loved it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep eyeing Caleb's Crossing. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betrayal looks good. ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/mailbox-monday-9172012.html

    ReplyDelete